Creamy Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
This Instant Pot method of making risotto is deadly!!
No need to stand at the stovetop and constantly stir to get your risotto just right. Throw it in the Instant Pot and let the magic unfold!✨
What you will need:
- 2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cups of stock ( this can be mushroom, veggie or chicken). I used 2 cups veggie brother and 2 cups homemade leftover bone broth I had in my fridge.
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- Approx 10-12 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 dry white wine or dry sherry wine
- Parmesan cheese petals ( I probably used about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
What you will need to do:
- Turn your Instant Pot to Saute function.
- Pour 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp butter into the pressure cooker. Make sure to coat oil over the entire bottom of the pot.
- Add in sliced mushrooms. Stir to evenly coat the mushrooms with butter. The shrooms will start to release moisture. Let this evaporate completely, then season with 2 tbsp of coconut aminos ( or soy sauce) and stir occasionally until mushrooms are slightly browned and crispy.
- While the mushrooms are sauteing, combine 1 tbsp coconut aminos, 4 cups stock of your choice.
- Add diced onion & garlic and saute until soft and fragrant ( about 1 minute)
- Move everything to one side of the pot to make room for the oil and rice.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and another 2 tbsp butter to the empty half of the pot.
- Add 2 cups of uncooked arborio rice to the oil. Stir until evenly coated with oil.
- Mix everything together and continue to stir.
- After a couple minutes, the edges of the rice should turn translucent, while the centre remains white.
- Pour in 3/4 cup dry white wine, use the wooden spoon to scrape off the bottom of the pot.
- Stir and let the wine slowly evaporate.
- Pour 4 cups of your choice of stock into the pressure cooker. (ensure that there are no onions or rice pieces stuck to the side of the pot).
- Close lid and pressure cook at high pressure for 6 minutes, then quick release.
- Open the lid and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, a cup of frozen peas and S&P.
- Stir and serve!!